Holmes Stoner address on Holistic Approach to Ending Homelessness: Dignifying the Needy
(AMTV USA) New York 14 Feb 2020 – Holmes Stoner, Chairman of the American International Chamber of Commerce attended and address at a Dignifying the Needy (CSocD58 Side Event) of United Nations conference in New York on 14 February.
The government interventions approach to ending homelessness mainly centers on quick-fix solutions of moving people experiencing homelessness into independent and permanent housing shelters, but it is important to address these complexities together when considering methods of addressing homelessness, as one strategy does not apply for every community. Affordable housing and social protection can have a tremendous impact in addressing homelessness.
For this purpose, the Side Event will Review the inter-connectedness between homelessness and poverty and health and well-being of homeless individuals or people at risk of it as well as explore options for reducing youth that is at risk of human trafficking, drug abuse, or broken homes; Elaborate on the importance of focusing on the various ways to contribute to ending homelessness, with a focus on individual roles because every contribution to supporting the cause counts; Highlight the critical importance on the preventative framework.
Holmes Stoner, Chairman of the American International Chamber of Commerce (AICC), has joined the AICC executive team, where he will serve as senior advisor to Chief of Ecodomika Steel Structures, On behalf of the entire organization, He is grateful to Jason Quin for his years of service to the American enterprise and business people and congratulate them on this global business opportunity to continue in that calling.
Jason Quin, AICC’s Executive Chairman, will now perform the duties of the American export, economic development and membership services with Holmes Stoner and the AICC team.
Stoner said, that we were long supported and participated in UN economic cooperation and development projects, including the development and investment of steel composite housing, and implemented and carried out investment cooperation in a wider range of fields around the world to support the innovation, development and growth of member enterprises project.
The fifty-eighth session of the Commission for Social Development (CSocD58) will take place from 10 to 19 February 2020. The Commission is the advisory body responsible for the social development pillar of global development.
In 2020, we are celebrating the 75th anniversary of the Commission and the 25th anniversary of the Copenhagen Declaration on Social Development. 2020 is a crucial year for the accelerated realization of inclusive societies and reducing inequalities everywhere for people of all ages.
The Dignifying the Needy (CSocD58 Side Event) priority theme on Affordable housing and social protection systems for all to address homelessness this year.
– Opening of the session
– Election of officers
– Adoption of the agenda and other organizational matters – Item 2 – E/CN.5/2020/1
– Follow-up to the World Summit for Social Development and the twenty-fourth special session of the General Assembly – Item 3
– Priority theme: affordable housing and social protection systems for all to address homelessness – Item 3 (a) – E/CN.5/2020/2, E/CN.5/2020/3
– Review of relevant United Nations plans and programmes of action pertaining to the situation of social groups – Item 3 (b) – A/75/61-E/2020/4, E/CN.5/2020/4
– Emerging issues: twenty-five years of the World Summit for Social Development: addressing emerging societal challenges to the implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development – Item 3 (c) – E/CN.5/2020/5
– Introductory statements
– General discussion on item 3 (a) and (b)