Public Health Reports 5 New Deaths and 3,045 New Positive Cases of Confirmed COVID-19 in Los Angeles County
The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health (Public Health) today released the latest data on COVID-19. The case numbers and deaths reported today may reflect delays in weekend reporting.
- 3,045 new COVID-19 cases (1,303,343 cases to date)
- 5 new deaths due to COVID-19 (24,685 deaths to date)
- 1,071 people currently hospitalized with COVID-19
- More than 7,339,000 individuals tested; 16% of all people tested positive
These numbers are subject to change based on further investigation. 15 cases and 2 deaths previously reported were not in Public Health’s jurisdiction.
* Means that case numbers include cases associated with correctional facility outbreaks located in the city/community.
**Rate is crude and is per 100,000. This represents the number of cases per 100,000 people and allows for the proportional comparison of cities of different sizes.